Thursday, September 26, 2013

schoolhouse electric

Vintage School Letters

Schoolhouse Electric sells all sorts of home goods, from lighting to furniture to desktop accessories. Its art selection stands out as well: rustic-but-clean, organic-modern, sleek-but-warm, with an all-around cozy, muted back-to-school feeling. (It's based in Portland, which seems exactly right—but it could be Brooklyn or another such enclave. And I mean that in a good way.)

Botanical print by Karolin Schoor
Circles print
I like how this topographic USA map is layered behind the console.
I always like Jennifer Ament's work (put a bird on it!).

2 comments:

  1. Duuude... I love you but you have to get out of my head...:) I am obsessed with Schoolhouse Electric, but I haven't looked at them in a while.. I had no idea they had art!! That school letters print...sigh. You have a gift, my friend. :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that one! It's one of the best letter prints I've seen (and oh, there are so many).

    ReplyDelete