Friday, October 5, 2012

guest post by jessica of civetta




Ellsworth Kelly

Today's post is by the amazing Jessica of
Civetta. A preschool teacher in Seattle, she blogs about style, food, culture, and art—all things beautiful and important. She's got the most excellent taste, and she was kind enough to write about art for Blue Locket. I love what she has to say, and I love her choices of artists:

When Nadya so kindly asked me to do an art post, I was flattered...and then a little nervous! At the risk of sounding trite, I love art. Love it. (So unique, right?). But I don't necessarily have the vocabulary to talk about it in the way I might want to. But, I think that's true of a lot of people...or at least they THINK they don't know how to talk about it  And while I love art, I don't always love the people in the art world. My grandfather was an artist and an architect, and my mom owned a gallery when I was young, so I have been really lucky to grow up around art and artists...but with that can sometimes come art snobs. You know who I mean. I think it's such a shame that people might not be around art as much as they want, or speak freely about moves them and what they just flat out love...so with that, I will dispense with trying to sound like I "know what I'm talking about" and just share with you what I LOVE! And it should be said that part wasn't easy either...so there's no rhyme or reason to these choices, just a few things I keep going back to look at currently. Enjoy :)



Jenny Holzer
Landon Metz
Cy Twombly
Helen Frankenthaler
Michael Hainey
Gerhard Richter

No comments:

Post a Comment