Friday, June 27, 2014

california inspiration

The perfect California house, spotted in Larchmont Village:
sleek (house numbers) and rustic (gate door, windows)

I'm in the midst of a kid-licious week, so I'll keep myself going with these shots from our trip to California. (There was also a fun weekend in Las Vegas for my cousin's wedding.) Also, these portmanteau words are rattling around in my head. I thought of titling this post "Californspiration," but that reminded me of the Chili Peppers song and that David Duchovny show. "Kid-licious." And Tessa's latest coinage: "cute-iful." cute+beautiful. Rambling much? Clearly it's time for my children to start camp.

As far as the photos below: I tested out my fantasy of living in LA. (I love the geography, the houses, the Dr. Seuss vegetation.) We rented an adorable Airbnb house in the Hollywood Hills, and did all of our favorite things: beach, museums, neighborhoods, hikes, food. I got to spend lots of time with my best friend from college. It was beautiful and relaxing and the perfect break.





No comments:

Post a Comment