Tuesday, August 7, 2012

karen mordechai (the makers)

Jennifer Causey has a great eye.

The Makers is such a cool project that I can't believe I haven't written about it yet. Jennifer Causey photographs creative people where they work (almost all in Brooklyn), with their work. Her subjects include talented folks like Jennifer Sarkhilati, designer of Odette jewelry; Michele Michael, the name behind Elephant Ceramics; and most recently Karen Mordechai, the inspiring photographer, food stylist, and founder of Sunday Suppers, classes (unfortunately for me, held in Brooklyn) that combine cooking lessons and beautifully styled dining experiences.

(Definitely click through to see the photos at the right size; I'm losing the details here.)

The light, the pendant lamps....
More pendant lamps. Amazing flowers.
You know I can't get enough calligraphy.
I love that she uses plain white plates.
And I love the dark grout with the white subway tile.

No comments:

Post a Comment