Monday, July 25, 2011

glasses

File under getting older: I need glasses. With a career spent reading and writing, it's really a miracle that I haven't needed them before. Now I can't ignore the blurry street signs any longer, and my eyes are so light-sensitive outside that I wear sunglasses even on cloudy days. Plus it's in the gene pool: both of my parents and my daughter are lifelong glasses wearers. So I might as well get some frames I'll actually wear. I'm leaning toward a pair like these. I like the tortoise color (good with blondish hair) and the old-school, not too rectangular shapes:

Elizabeth and James "Spring" frames at shopbop
Warby Parker "Webb" frames here
(This company seems very cool: it offers nice-looking styles that aren't *too* annoyingly hip;
it donates one pair for every one purchased;
and you can order five pairs to try on for free.)

No comments:

Post a Comment