Tuesday, October 25, 2011

baublebar monogram necklace

BaubleBar large monogram pendant

I swear my grandmother had one of these in the 80s. She was really into monograms and initials—she changed her first name as a young adult and was always using pseudonyms for restaurant reservations. Maybe she was reclaiming her identity after the Depression, defining herself as independent while also assimilating? Anyway, the woman liked jewelry, and she liked letters. (My mom, her daughter-in-law, still has a drawerful of those beloved Es.) You can get this one online at BaubleBar, in three sizes (I like the heft and humor of the biggest one) and in silver or gold. (They also have Carrie Bradshaw-esque nameplate pendants, but my jewelry guru, dear friend, and all-around style maven Erin says the monogram is less "played.")

In fact, BaubleBar has a bunch of cute, inexpensive, throw-on jewelry pieces:

Wise Dot bangle
Star Trio bracelet
Gilded quartz drop earrings
If I wore chunky rings, I'd probably like this one

No comments:

Post a Comment